Thursday, April 6, 2017

Honey's Table

Last year, while I was making random designs on isometric paper, I stumbled upon what I thought was an interesting design.  Unlike many other of my experiments, I knew immediately that I wanted to build this one someday.  Ultimately, I named this one "Honey's Table."

A bit later, while doodling on the same paper, I tripped over yet another design.  I liked the concept of this one, too.  In fact, I decided to make this second design first.  I planned to give it to my fiance', so I named it "Honey's Maze" because it sort of looks like a maze.  (See Honey's Maze, Part I)

I built the top to "Honey's Maze" first, but I quilted "Honey's Table" first, so it gets the first post!

Also unlike lots of my other designs, this one means nothing.  It just looks cool to me.

The design is, of course, thoroughly modern, but there is a twist.  It is made of Civil War prints.  I seem to love older, traditional fabrics, but I also seem to favor modern, newly inspired designs.  I actually stuck to the colors of the original drawing, but, oddly, the only reason I used those colors is that they were the colors that I happened to have on hand.  As Louis Pasteur famously said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."  Always be looking for an advantage, even when it seems to materialize by happenstance.

Life is full of lucky accidents if we but look for them.

All-in-all, I was pleased with the result.

More importantly, she liked it.

In the end, that's all that ever really counts.  Otherwise, life would be hell.

TheCurmudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address and JOIN THE ADVENTURE!!